- The release date of "Artisten & Marlene" is approaching fast, and I thought that we all want to know a bit more about the album, right? So here you go! Here's a short email interview with Janove for you - enjoy!
I also got two small updates for you: I've added the newest concerts and festivals to the tour list, so that should be pretty much up-to-date. One date that is not in the list but that you might want to note down is February 10 - not only because that is the release date of the album, but also because Janove will be a guest on the Norwegian TV show Lindmo that evening. If you're interested in attending the recording of the show, you can still get tickets here (at least right now).
- In just a bit over a month, we'll finally get to hear some new music by the hands of Mr. Ottesen again - and even though this here is a Kaizers fansite and Janove alone isn't Kaizers Orchestra, I assume that most of you guys won't mind getting a bit of information about Janove's solo album here as well, right? =;-)
So here are the current facts in a nutshell:
So it seems we have quite a bit to look forward to!
- The album will be called "Artisten & Marlene". It will be released (in Norway) on February 10th.
- It tells the love and live story of two dancers - I summarized some more details here a while ago. But to get the full story, we'll probably need to wait for the release of the album.
- You can already preorder the album, for example at Platekompaniet or cdon.com. Both sell it as CD and LP.
- The tracklist has been released as well:
- Marlene (Marlene)
- Verden Går Til Helvete (The world is going to hell in a handbasket)
- Spinner For Deg (Spinning for you)
- I Siget (On a roll)
- Perler & Svin (Pearls & swine)
- Aldri La De Tru De Er Bedre Enn Deg (Never let them think they are better than you)
- Et Hjerte Som Sloss (A heart that beat)
- Me Vokser Aldri Opp (We will never grow up)
- Mine Siste Berømte Ord (My last famous words)
- Om Me Går Ner (If we go down)
- Vår Uendelige Sang (Our neverending song)
- Regnbuen Treffer Oss Ikkje Lenger (The rainbow doesn't hit us anymore)
- I Natt Blir Du Fri (Tonight you'll be free)
- Trixing & Fixing (Trixing & Fixing)
- Det Ville Vært En Sensasjon (It would have been a sensation)
- The first four singles have been released already; you can find the lyrics and translations of those songs here.
- The playing time of the album is a full 71 minutes!
- After the release of the album, Janove will go on tour - and in summer, he'll play at loads of Norwegian festivals. You can check out all the dates that have been announced so far here.