Kaizers Orchestra are fond of Martin Kvamme's cover art, and therefore they printed four posters, with 200 pieces each, with motifs from the Violeta universe for the Volume I tour last year. In addition, there was a specially made exclusive gold poster with only 100 copies for the Spektrum concert, a poster with such abundance of gold that even Cleopatra would probably like to have it on her wall. All in all, this poster project was so successful that the concept is now extended, and now you can also pitch in!
- We love good poster art, and the material that Martin Kvamme made for us is so great that it works very well in poster format. And we know that we have many fans who are inspired by the Kaizer universe, and therefore we want to involve them in this concept and invite them to contribute, Terje Kaizer says.
- So how does it work?
- People can submit proposals for posters that we can print, inspired by Kaizers in some way. Then we in the band pick out the prints that we believe will work in that format and print them in 100 + 20 or 200 +20 pieces, and then we'll sell them in our merch on tour. Only if we get suggestions that we can commit to, of course. The bar is set pretty high already, but we want to try. By the way, there is no time limit here, we accept proposals anytime, but we plan to do it this year, thus until the end of August.
- What do you mean by 100 + 20 and 200 + 20 pieces?
- We sell either 100 or 200 pieces, and the artist gets 20 pieces to keep, so-called artist's proof, which they can sell or hang on the wall at home or whatever. That's how it works in the poster world.
- And to kick start this, you have printed another exclusive Kvamme poster?
- Yeah, and a very nice one of the Volume II cover art. It is printed on black dyed, thick paper. The motiv is foiled in copper directly on the paper, so if you feel it you notice the relief of the print. Very nice! There are 200 copies, signed by the band and sold for 300 kroner, from tonight's concert at Folken and until they are sold out!
You can send your contributions by mail to [see original article]
Regarding other outside-the-usual-merch we can also mention the venerable Polka Kaizer box, which is also available from today. It is a wooden box with burnt-in Kaizer logo, laboriously produced and hand-made at Åna District Prison, with six shot glasses inside. Thus the perfect supplement to Vodka Kaizer!