There are only a few days left of the crowdfunding campaign that Kaizers Orchestra launched to fund the recording of their magnificent Opera show together with KORK. Kaizernews caught up with Geir Kaizer to get an update.
Check out Kaizers' Opera DVD crowdfunding HERE!
- First and foremost: The project has been realized for quite some time, which means that we received enough money to do a DVD and Bluray. We got all the numbers now, and we will thus press 800 DVDs and 500 BluRays.
- So it is not possible to pledge anymore?
- No, the pledge is over, and the number of copies is now set.
- The project was realized within a few days. Is that why you didn't sell more than 1300 items in total?
- Well, this is an unconventional way of selling anything, especially in Norway, so we are actually quite satisfied. In retrospect, it turned out that we maybe set the minimum sum a bit low. That was done in collaboration with pledgemusic in England, and they of course had never heard of us. So they thought we were really daring with the amount we set as threshold. It quickly turned out that the threshold was achievable, well, you know the Kaizer fans. Now we are at 269%; the project is still far from fully funded, but we'll throw in the rest ourselves. As mentioned, this version will be unique, as it is signed by the band and will have a different layout than the regular version which will be released later this year.
- And how about the release date; you had talked about a release in June?
- June has been our plan, yes. As usual, we promised a little too much and were a little busier than we thought. Thus we are slightly delayed, but right now we are in the very final stages of both the visual mix and the sound mix and the cover layout work, so we aim to send the orders out around the end of June!
- How about the audio download?
- It will be available at the same time as the DVDs and Blurays.
- And this also applies to the posters then?
- We hope to send those out in early June already!
While we're at it, we can remind you of the film project "The accidental rockstar", which also needs your help to be fully funded. You can find more about this HERE!